Hi all,
Well here we are in August and 2 months without a post. (Still working on getting Sarah to be a regular contributor)
Since I last wrote, some big events have happened.
At the end of June, Sarah and Audrey were in a car accident. Sarah was going through an intersection after it just turned green and was broadsided. Everybody was okay except for the Honda, which was totalled after a short life of 3 years.
The insurance process was a pain and it was made all the more difficult because we took a vacation to Connecticutt for July 4th weekend.
The Connecticutt trip was a lot of fun. We visited Sarah's cousin Kim and I got to see where Sarah's parents were from. The hospitality was great and since we didn't have any big excursions planned, it was fairly relaxing. The biggest activity we did was watch 3 of Michael's baseball games (Kim's kids are Michael, Adam and Sarah) .We also got to visit one of my college roommates for one night. Audrey had a great time playing with their daughters toys, and also had fun with another girl toddler of similar edge and vocal skills...
Back to the car situation-
Sarah's dream replacement vehicle was the CR-V. With the proven safety of the accord and our reliability luck it seemed like a good fit. Unfortunately, new the CR-V is alittle pricy, and it was hard to find a good used one at the right price. The best ones we saw ended up being salvaged CR-Vs. In the end we found a 2004 forester with 14000 miles on it that was in great shape. It is silver with grey leather seats. The former owners cared for it well and I'm sure we will continue that trend.
Also in our car world, I picked up my Mini Cooper on Friday. I had ordered id end of May I think and it came in 2 weeks ahead of schedule. So we went from having 2 paid for cars to 1 car with car payments (the mini). Hopefully, I will love it forever and it will treat me right, so I can keep it a long time. If it doesn;t turn out the dealer told a story of a guy who just sold his 2002 Mini to replace for a 2005 and got more for 2002 mini today then he paid for it...
August, is turning out to be another busy summer month. Now that we have the car situation solved we don't have to waste precious weekend time looking at cars, but our Friends Stacy and Roni's wedding is coming in fast. Sarah is "M" of honor and I am a groomsman. We have been helping with some planning and then our both involved in the bachelor and bachelorette parties as well. Work is also going to be busy so this whole summer is just flying buy.
Sarah's niece Emily had an early surprise, Her baby due in late August ended up coming Mid- July. Emily had a serious blood pressure issue and so they induced early. Baby Molly did great even though she came a little early, and she is now at home with both parents.
anyways, thats all for now. if I can get both cars out of the garage at the same time, i will snap some photos and post the,.
have a fun summer all
Rob
Sunday, July 31, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment